|Venue:||Sentosa Golf Club, Practice Green – The Range @ New Tanjong|
|Date:||14, 18-21 January 2018|
|Time:||14 Jan – 2pm to 6pm|
18-20 Jan – 10am to 12pm, 1pm to 4pm
21 Jan Chip Off Finale: 11am
Chip 3 balls to 3 pin positions selected on The Range @ New Tanjong Practice Green. Measurements will be taken for the distance of the ball from the pin and the combined total distance will be calculated. At the end of the 20th January, the top 10 contestants with the lowest total combined distance from the pin will qualify for the Chip-off Finale on 21st January. Each try is SGD5 and all proceeds will be donated to Arc Children’s Centre, the Official Charity of SMBC Singapore Open. Help us help those in need. Thank you!
Two-nights stay for two at Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort & Spa, Tuaran, Sabah, Malaysia
1x Flight at Dalit Bay Golf & Country Club, Tuaran, Sabah, Malaysia
1x TaylorMade Full Iron Set
Two-nights stay for two at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Penang, Malaysia
1x TaylorMade Golf Bag
1x Dozen TaylorMade Golf Balls
Two-nights stay for two at Sule Shangri-La, Yangon, Myanmar
1x TaylorMade Golf Bag
1x Bushnell GPS Watch
1x Adidas Golf Shoes
1x Bolle Sunglasses
1x Adidas Golf Shoes
1x Dozen TaylorMade Golf Balls
1x Goodie Bag
1 x Flight at the Serapong Golf Course, Sentosa Golf Club
SMBC SINGAPORE OPEN 2018 CHIP IN FOR ARC
CHALLENGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eligibility, Contest Period & Coupons
- The SMBC Singapore Open 2018 “Chip In For Arc” Challenge (the “Challenge”) will be held during the SMBC Singapore Open 2018 (the “Tournament”) at Sentosa Golf Club Singapore (“Venue”) on 14th January 2018 and from 18th January 2018 to 21st January 2018 (the “Tournament Dates”).
- The Challenge will be governed by the following terms and conditions, which shall be subject to any changes at any time without prior notice (these “Terms”) and by their participation in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Terms.
- The promoter and organizer of the Challenge is Lagardere Sports Asia Pte. Ltd. (“LS”).
- The Challenge is open to all ticket holders to the Tournament, except organizers of the SMBC Singapore Open 2018 (including employees of LS and its group of companies) and employees of the sponsors of the Challenge.
- The Challenge will take place at the Venue, from 2pm to 6pm on 14th January 2018 and from 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm on each day from 18th January 2018 to 20th January 2018. The Challenge finale will be played on 21st January 2018, at such time as advised by LS via the Tournament website and social media channels (“Chip-Off Finale”).
- A raffle will additionally be conducted on 21st January 2018, at such time as advised by LS (“Raffle”), as further detailed in sections 27 to 32 of these Terms.
- To participate in the Challenge, each participant (a “Contestant”) must register on 14th January 2018 and/or any day from 18th January 2018 to 20th January 2018 at the Practice Green and submit their personal details, including: Name, Contact Details (HP no & Email) and Golf Handicap (optional). Contestants may register multiple times for the Challenge (with each registration an “Entry”), provided that each Contestant shall be eligible for only one Challenge prize.
- Contestants must hold a valid entry ticket to attend the Tournament on the Tournament Dates during which they participate in the Challenge, save for 14th January 2018 and the Chip-Off Finale, where tickets for entry to the Venue will be provided by LS if the Contestant qualifies for the Chip-Off Finale. Any person under the age of 18 who wishes to enter the Challenge must provide consent of their parent or legal guardian at registration.
- All Contestants will be requested to make a donation of SGD$ 5 per Entry to the Arc Children’s Centre.
- Each Contestant will be issued a coupon upon registration which must be presented to the Challenge official to enable the Contestant to participate in the Challenge. Registration and provision of coupons will be on a first come first serve basis on each day from 18th January 2018 to 20th January 2018. Coupons are non-transferrable and each coupon must be used on the day that it is issued, provided there is sufficient time available for the contestant to compete on such day.
- Coupons can only be used during the periods from 2pm to 6pm on 14th January 2018 and 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm each day from 18th January 2018 to 20th January 2018. LS does not warrant nor guarantee that all individuals with coupons will be able to participate in the Challenge within the allocated time. Contestants are encouraged to redeem their coupon on the same day the coupon is issued and participate in the Challenge early to avoid disappointment.
- There will be three (3) pin positions on the Practice Green at the Venue and each Contestant will be provided with three (3) golf balls upon presentation of his/her coupon to the Challenge official.
- Contestants are required to hit each ball into a designated hole, with each ball meant for one of the three holes.
- A two-meter zone around each of the selected pin positions (the ”Zone”) will be demarcated by a ring and Contestants will be scored based upon the distance of each ball from the designated hole, as follows:
- For each ball landing within the Zone, the distance from the hole will be measured (with measurements for each hole to be taken from the edge of the ball to the edge of the cup position);
- Any ball landing outside the Zone will automatically be given a measurement of two (2) meters; and
- The total combined distance for each Entry shall be calculated.
- Contestants that do not land the ball within the Zone for any of the three (3) holes will automatically be disqualified.
- Where any Contestant makes multiple Entries to the Challenge, only the Entry with the lowest combined total distance will be used for qualification for the Chip-Off Finale.
- The top ten (10) Contestants with the lowest combined total distance to the holes will qualify for the Chip-Off Finale. If any Contestant has the same score as the 10th Contestant selected for the Chip-Off Finale in accordance with section 15 above, that Contestant(s) will also qualify for the Chip-Off Finale.
- Contestants who qualify for the Chip-Off Finale will be contacted by LS on 20th January 2018 on their mobile phone number as provided by the contestant in the Contestant’s registration form.
- The form of the Chip-Off Finale will take a similar form to the first round of the Challenge, with exact details to be notified by LS upon confirmation of qualification. Contestants note that in the event of time constraints, the Chip-Off Finale may be reduced to one (1) ball/hole per finalist.
- In the event of inclement weather/cancellation of the Chip-Off Finale, the scores from the qualifying round will determine the placings.
Selection of Challenge Winners
- Winners of the Challenge (“Winners”) will be selected based on the lowest combined total distance to the holes played during the Chip-Off Finale, which shall be measured in accordance with section 14 above.
- In the event of a tie, the Winners will be selected on a countback basis, with the chip nearest to the hole as the decider (followed by the second closest chip, followed by the third, and so on).
- Winners will be notified following completion of the Chip-Off Finale.
- Winners may be required to provide such details, in addition to those provided at registration, as may be deemed necessary and relevant by LS at its discretion. LS reserves the right to forfeit prizes for any Winner who does not provide the required details.
- There will be 6 categories of Challenge prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and consolation place, the prizes for which shall be as set out on the registration form. One (1) Winner will be selected for each of the 1st to 5th category, and five (5) winners will be selected for the consolation category, each in accordance with section 14 above.
- LS reserves the right to select replacement Winner(s) if any Winner is disqualified or not eligible to participate in the Challenge or claim the prize.
- In addition to the Chip-Off Finale, a grand raffle will be conducted on 21st January 2018 after the Chip-Off Finale, for which all Contestants that entered the Challenge will be automatically entered. Each individual Challenge Entry will count as one entry for the Raffle and one Winner will be drawn.
- The Winner of the Raffle will be the first Contestant drawn at random from all Entries to the Raffle, and the Winner will be notified using the contact details provided by them at registration. Where the Winner is not present during the Raffle, the prize must be collected from such address as notified by LS.
- The Raffle prize shall be one (1) flight at Sentosa Golf Club, with a maximum of four (4) participants.
- The Raffle prize shall include green fees only and the Winner must pay for buggy, caddie, insurance, locker fee, taxes and all other ancillary and miscellaneous charges at normal published rates of Sentosa Golf Club. No rain check will be issued and no refund of golfing charges will be made to any golfers who are not able to complete their round due to inclement weather or closure of the golf course due to unsafe conditions. The Winner and their guests must comply with all applicable Sentosa Golf Club terms and conditions, including any restrictions upon entry to the Club.
- The Raffle prize must be used within six (6) months of the Raffle and may be redeemed on weekdays only (excluding public holidays that fall on weekdays) and redemption shall be subject to Sentosa Golf Club’s availability and at LS’ discretion.
Prize Conditions – General
- LS reserves the right to change the prizes without any prior notification. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside LS’s reasonable control LS reserves the right to offer an alternative prize.
- Prizes must be taken within the time period(s) specified by LS, its agencies, sponsors and representatives (and/or, in the case of accommodation, the periods stated on prize vouchers issued) after which they will be deemed invalid.
- Bookings of accommodation must be made directly with the providers using vouchers issued to the Winners.
- Bookings of flights and/or green use must be made via LS, using such contact details as are notified to the Winners, with all such bookings to be made not less than five (5) business days in advance, for redemption dates falling within a maximum of six (6) months of the Chip-Off Finale.
- Winners for each of the Challenge prizes must be present at the prize presentation ceremony taking place immediately after the Chip-Off Finale for the collection of their prize, failing which the Winner forfeits any and all claims to his/her prize and the prize shall be dealt with according to the absolute discretion of LS. LS and its agents, sponsors and representatives shall have no liability to the Winners in any respect whatsoever for failure of Winners to be present during prize giving ceremony.
- Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable in any other form for whatever reason and there is no cash alternative. Winners are solely responsible for the collection of their prize. In the event that a Winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any and all claims to that prize, which will be dealt with according to the absolute discretion of LS.
- All prizes are accepted and redeemed entirely at the risk of the Winners, and LS excludes all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law. Winners shall comply with the terms and conditions of each prize.
- Prizes are as stated, exclusive of all associated costs and expenses. All taxes, insurance, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades etc.) as the case may be, are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Winners must have sufficient financial resources to meet any financial commitment which they may incur in connection with the prize beyond those included in the prize itself (including, without limitation, airport transfers, meals and drinks).
- Where a prize includes accommodation, such accommodation shall be for two persons sharing one room, bed and breakfast only and excluding all ancillaries such as room service, meals or mini-bar.
- Any flights, other transport, airport details, accommodation or other aspects of the prize, dates and times quoted by the LS, its agencies, sponsors or representatives are for guidance only and are subject to change without notice with no liability arising.
- Winners are responsible for procuring all appropriate travel insurances for themselves and their guests and must comply with and are responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations required for the destination.
- The Winner and their guest must hold a valid passport with at least six (6) months’ further duration or entry will be invalid. The Winner shall be solely responsible for procuring any visas and other travel documents necessary for redemption of any prize. Passport control and in-country authorities will reserve the right to refuse entry. If the Winner or their guest is refused passage and or entry/exit to or from the country being visited, any additional costs incurred will be at the sole cost and responsibility of the Winner.
- Winners are not entitled nor authorised in any way to commit the LS, its agencies, sponsors and representatives to any contract, expense or cost entered into or incurred.
- LS reserves the right to request written proof of age of any Winner before the prize is collected. Winners for travel-related prizes who are under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Winners shall, if applicable, comply with the terms and conditions of the airline and other transportation, services providers and venues involved in the prize. In particular, Winners shall comply with all health and safety guidelines and instructions and all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- The redemption of a prize shall constitute a purchase of goods or services by the person redeeming the prize from the merchant(s) supplying the redeemed goods or services, and LS assumes no liability or responsibility for the acts or defaults of the merchant or for any non-delivery, non-performance or defects in the redeemed goods or services. LS is not an agent of the merchant. Any dispute about the quality or performance must be resolved directly with the merchant. The use of the redeemed goods or services is subject to such other terms and the merchant supplying the goods or services may impose conditions.
Acceptance of Competition Terms & Conditions
- Participation in the Challenge shall constitute the acceptance of these terms and conditions and the amendments thereof.
- LS’s decision on all matters relating to the Challenge will be at its absolute discretion and will be final and binding on all participants. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Challenge, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
Personal Data and Publicity
- Contestant’s acknowledge that the details provided to LS at registration may include persona data for the purposes of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012. Any personal data submitted by Contestants will be used solely for the specific purpose of the Challenge (including the administration of prizes) and in accordance with current Singapore data protection laws and will not be disclosed to third parties not related to this Challenge or any prize, or used for other purposes, without the Contestant’s prior consent, save as set out in these Terms.
- LS reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to use the names, photographs, voice or video recordings and entries of the Winners without first obtaining any consent nor making any payment whatsoever to the Winners for publicity, advertising, marketing, trade or promotion purposes in any media (including but not limited to use on the official Tournament website and social media channels).
- LS will not be liable to a participant, contestant or any person claiming through the participant/ contestant for any costs, loss or damages (whether direct or indirect), or for loss of revenue or profits or for any special or consequential loss, loss of data, loss of business or loss of anticipated savings of any nature whatsoever arising from participant’s/contestant’s participation and/or failure to participate in the Challenge and/or due to any non-performance of LS’s obligations including but not limited to:-
- use or inability to use a coupon or inability to participate in the Challenge for whatever reasons such as adverse weather conditions, equipment failure or congestion;
- any act, omission, error, default by LS and/or LS’s related companies, its officers, employees, agents and contractors;
- any problem, damage or loss of whatsoever nature to any Contestant, resulting from their participation or failure to participate in the Challenge;
- any inconvenience caused to a Contestant.
- LS reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that it determines to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge, to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Challenge Terms. No correspondence shall be entertained.
- LS reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or delay the Challenge for any reasons whatsoever including (without limitation) in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.