2. Examples of such Personal Data which you may provide to the Company include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us):
- a) your name, date of birth, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, occupation, credit card details and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you; and
- b) information about your use of this Website, including cookies, IP address, but only to the extent that the Company may identify you from such information.
4. Business Contact Information: Your business contact information means your name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email address or business fax number and any other similar information about you, not provided by you solely for your personal purposes. You will not be contacted in your personal capacity via your business contact information unless you have indicated that we may do so. Please note that your business contact information will be excluded from the data protection requirements of the Act, save for the requirements relating to the Do-Not-Call (DNC) Registry.
How is your Personal Data collected by the Company?
1. Generally, the Company collects your Personal Data in the following ways
- a) when you register your interest on this Website and establish online accounts with us
- b) when you submit forms or otherwise subscribe to updates and newsletters to receive latest information on the SMBC Singapore Open or the latest events and promotional offers from us and/or our partners/sponsors;
- c) when you respond to our promotions and other initiatives;
- d) when you purchase services or products from us;
- e) when you interact with our employees, sales representatives, agents and/or client relationship managers, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- f) when you engage or interact with us through various social media platforms for the SMBC Singapore Open;
- g) when you seek and/or apply for accreditation to the SMBC Singapore Open; and
- h) when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
2. If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party, by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the all necessary consents of the third party as required under the Act in relation to you providing us with their Personal Data for the relevant purposes.
3. You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
1. The Company also automatically collects aggregate information about the use of this Website, including which pages are most frequently visited, how many visitors this Website receives daily and how long visitors stay on each page. Such information is collected on an aggregate, anonymous basis, which means no Personal Data is associated with this data and gathered through the use of web server logs and cookies. The Company does not at this Website automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information.
2. Cookies are small bits of data automatically stored in the hard drive of the end user and are commonly used to track preferences in relation to the subject of such website. If you enable these cookies, then your web browser adds the text in a small file. You may wish to set your web browser to notify you of a cookie placement request or refuse to accept cookies by modifying relevant internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system, but to do so you may not be able to utilise or activate certain available functions on this Website.
3. By accessing and using this Website, you consent to the storage of cookies, other local storage technologies, beacons and other information on your devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information by the Company or its representatives or agents.
Purposes for the Personal Data Collected
1. Generally, the Company collects, uses, discloses and otherwise manages your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- a) responding to your queries, requests and complaint
- b) processing your instructions including processing your purchases or signups for events and/or promotions;
- c) managing the administrative and business operations of the Company and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- d) matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein
- e) verifying your identity;
- f) legal purposes (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations);
- g) conducting audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes, action planning and managing commercial risks;
- h) detecting, preventing, investigating, or otherwise addressing fraud, security or technical issues associated with the products and/or services which the Company provides, including (without limitation) the improper resale or other misuse of tickets;
- i) compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and/or
- j) any other purpose relating to any of the above.
2. In addition, if you have provided us your Personal Data for your attendance or participation at the SMBC Singapore Open, we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- a) processing purchase, sale and collection of tickets/passes to the SMBC Singapore Open;
- b) establishing a record of purchases in databases for the purposes of supporting customer service requests, facilitating the provision of services requested and maintaining the Company’s records and database;
- c) coordinating and managing public security, emergencies, accidents and otherwise safeguarding wellbeing and safety of spectators and attendees at the SMBC Singapore Open;
- d) general organisation and management of the SMBC Singapore Open;
- e) facilitating the sending of event-related content, news, contests or promotions;
- f) compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and/or
- g) any other purpose relating to any of the above.
3. In addition, if you are a journalist, media representative or any other person seeking and/or applying for accreditation to the SMBC Singapore Open, we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- a) to process your application for accreditation, to implement accreditation arrangements and terms and conditions applicable to your application;
- b) to apply/issue pass(es) which may be necessary to grant you access to, inter alia, venues, accredited areas within the relevant venues and/or media centres;
- c) to take your photograph for the production of the required accreditation pass;
- d) to provide you with updates and details of the SMBC Singapore Open, including without limitation to the schedule(s), information and related activities, e.g. applicable dates, times, venues and dress codes;
- e) to disclose to hotels, transportation service providers, travel agencies and other relevant third party service providers and contractors for purposes of securing and paying for the accommodation, transportation and such other services which you may have requested for in connection your attendance at the SMBC Singapore Open;
- f) to disclose to and secure accreditation with the relevant governing bodies of the SMBC Singapore Open;
- g) to arrange and conduct accreditation briefings;
- h) to upload and enable the use of the accreditation portal or other tools, as well as ancillary processes such as the creation and administration of login / accounts for such portal / tools;
- i) to ensure and facilitate secure access to the relevant venue, and to meet / support security requirements;
- j) to make disclosures to the law enforcement and security agencies for screening to grant access to high-security areas within the venue; and
- k) any other purpose relating to any of the above.
4. Where permitted under the Act, we may also collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your Personal Data for:
- a) analytics and tracking
- b) conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer location, preferences and demographics to develop content, promotion, offers and marketing materials in relation to our services or products and to improve your consumer experience on this Website and at the SMBC Singapore Open;
- c) administering contests, promotions and marketing campaigns in connection with services or products being offered by us and/or SMBC Singapore Open; and/or
- d) any other purpose relating to any of the above.
5. In addition, if you are participating in photographs and/or videos on site at the SMBC Singapore Open and the photo/video is taken at the SMBC Singapore Open which is accessible to the public or is otherwise subject to conditions which provide that consent is given for the taking of such photographs or videos, such photos and videos (and any other Personal Data which may be given to us by you), may be used for any broadcast production of the SMBC Singapore Open and/or development and use in marketing collaterals by us (including but not limited to commercials, brochures, advertisements, newsletters etc).
6. For other purposes not specified herein and depending on your interactions or relationship with the Company, we will notify you of the specific purposes for which we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
Sharing of information
1. The Company will not sell your Personal Data to third parties.
2. The Company recognises the importance of your Personal Data and thus has in place reasonable security arrangements to protect your Personal Data, in such manner and to such extent as the Company deems reasonably appropriate to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
3. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following third parties, whether they are in or out of Singapore:
- a) The Company’s affiliates and related companies;
- b) The Company’s agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide services to the Company, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing, training, market research, market survey, storage, archival or other services to the Company;
- c) The Credit Bureau, or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres;
- d) Any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions involving the Company, its affiliates and/or related entities (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale);
- e) Anyone to whom the Company transfers or may transfer its rights and duties;
- f) External banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- g) The Company’s professional advisors such as financial advisers, insurance agents, accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- h) Relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws or rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority; and
- i) Any other party to whom you authorise the Company to disclose your personal data.
Retention of Information
Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. In the event that you should choose to withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data, please note that your Personal Data will be retained on our database to the extent permitted by law.
Data Protection Officer’s Contact Details
Lagardere Sports Asia Pte. Ltd.
8 Shenton Way, #30-01, Singapore 068811
Tel: +65 6826 2688 Fax: +65 6826 2680 Email:email@example.com
2. All requests for correction or for access to your personal data must be in writing. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 30 days, and if that is not possible, we will inform you of the time by which we will respond to you.
3. The Company may be prevented by law from complying with any request that you may make. The Company may also decline any request that you may make if the law permits us to do so.
4. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, the Company may not be in a position to continue to provide its products or services to you or administer any contractual relationship in place, and this may also result in the termination of any agreements with the Company and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and the Company’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
5. We may charge you a fee for responding to your request for access to your Personal Data which we hold about you, or for information about the ways in which we have (or may have) used your Personal Data. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and respond to your request after payment is received.