SMBC SINGAPORE OPEN 2020 (the “Tournament”)
This contest (the “Contest”) will be governed by the following terms and conditions (including the Contest-specific Terms and the General Terms & Conditions), which shall be subject to change at any time without prior notice (these “Terms”) and the participants of this Contest (collectively, the “Participants” and each a “Participant”) agree that they have read and understood these Terms and by their participation in this Contest, the Participants hereby agree to be bound by these Terms.
The promoter and organiser of this Contest is Lagardere Sports Asia Pte Ltd (the “Promoter”). This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other social network.
Contest-specific Terms: One Putt Challenge
- This Contest is open for entry from 1000 hours on 27 November 2019 until 2359 hours on 31 December 2019. All times stated are local Singapore time.
- This Contest shall operate as follows:
- Stage 1: To enter, each Participant must:
- Facebook participation mechanics:
- Record a video of their putt from ten feet and their post-putt celebration.
- Upload it on the “COMMENTS” section on this post or
- Upload it on their own profile and tag SMBC Singapore Open in the caption. For this method of participation, please ensure that Social Media Account is set to “PUBLIC”
- Instagram participation mechanics
- Record a video of their putt from ten feet and their post-putt celebration
- Upload it on their profile
- Use the “HASHTAGS” #OnePuttChallenge #SingOpen
- Please ensure that Social Media Account is set to “PUBLIC”
- Twitter participation mechanics
- Record a video of their putt from ten feet and their post-putt celebration
- Upload it as a “REPLY” to this Tweet or
- Upload it on their own profile and tag SMBC Singapore Open in the Tweet. For this method of participation, please ensure that Social Media Account is set to “PUBLIC”
The Promoter will contact participants via personal message on the relevant platform for their full name and date of birth, the provision of which shall be a condition of entry.
- Facebook participation mechanics:
- Stage 2: The Promoter shall select five (5) participants judged by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, as having the best celebration after holing a ten foot putt (the “Finalists”) and shall notify them of their selection no later than 6 January 2020. Finalists are to acknowledge and provide requested details to the Promoter no later than 10 January 2020, failing which, the Promoter reserves the right to re-allocate the slot to the next best Entry.
- The Promoter shall also select three (3) consolation winners being the participants that meet the following criteria:
- The first participant to enter the contest on either Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- The youngest participant to enter the contest on either Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- The oldest participant to enter the contest on either Facebook, Instgram, or Twitter
who shall receive prizes as set out at paragraph 5.
- Stage 3: The five (5) Finalists shall receive the right to an opportunity to putt at the 18th hole of the Serapong Course at Sentosa Golf Club on Saturday, 18 January 2020, at a time designated by the Promoter as described at paragraph 3.
- Stage 1: To enter, each Participant must:
- Each of the five (5) Finalists shall receive: an opportunity to putt at the 18th hole of the Serapong Course at Sentosa Golf Club on Saturday, 18 January 2020, the third day of SMBC Singapore Open, after play, for which purpose:
- Each Finalist will get a practice putt followed by three chances to hole the long putt.
- The winner will be determined by the number of putts holed out of three chances. Should more than one Finalist hole the same number of putts, there shall be a playoff to determine the winner.
- Should nobody be able to hole the putt, the winner will be determined by the participant whose ball is nearest the hole.
- The winner and other Finalists shall receive prizes as follows:
- Winner: Voucher for Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa 2-night stay, and 1 pair of Saturday Course Passes
- Finalist runner-up: TaylorMade Golf Bag and Full Iron Set, and 1 pair of Saturday Course Passes
- Finalist second runner-up: TaylorMade Golf Bag, and 1 pair of Saturday Course Passes
- Fourth Finalist: 1 pair of Adidas Golf Shoes, and 1 pair of Saturday Course Passes
- Fifth Finalist: 1 pair of Adidas Golf Shoes, and 1 pair of Saturday Course Passes
The main winner’s prize at Shangri La Rasa Sentosa shall comprise a voucher for a 2 night stay at the resort for up to 2 persons sharing, inclusive of bed and breakfast only (with ancillary costs such as minibar and other meals to be borne by the winner) and subject to such date restrictions and/or other terms as may be imposed by the hotel as issuer. Booking is to be redeemed directly between the winner and the hotel.
- The consolation winners shall receive prizes as follows:
- Youngest entrant: SMBC Singapore Open Goodie Bag, 1 dozen TaylorMade Balls, and 1 pair of Saturday Course Passes
- Oldest entrant: SMBC Singapore Open Goodie Bag, 1 dozen TaylorMade Balls, and 1 pair of Saturday Course Passes
- First entrant: SMBC Singapore Open Goodie Bag, 1 dozen TaylorMade Balls, and 1 pair of Saturday Course Passes
Proof of date of birth may be required for the youngest and oldest entrant.
- The prizes will be available for collection from a specified location which will be conveyed by the Promoter to the relevant winner or Finalist via their email or contact number.
- Finalists consent to their participation in “One Putt Challenge” Contest being recorded for ‘live’ television broadcast or other purposes and hereby grant to the Promoter, without the requirement for any further permission or payment, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide license to video and sound record, reproduce, copy, broadcast, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify and otherwise use their image during such participation in any and all media (it being acknowledged for the avoidance of doubt that the Promoter has no obligation to copy, public, display or otherwise exploit such participation).
- All costs associated with attending Stage 3 shall be the responsibility of the Finalists, and the right to participate will be subject to being available at the time and date designated by the Promoter.
General Terms & Conditions
- The promoter will announce the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter profile name(s) of the winner(s) within 3 days of the closing date for the Contest as specified in the social media post. Winners will be given 3 days to respond by sending an email to email@example.com with their
- Full name (as per NRIC/ Passport).
- Confirmation of date of birth,
- Email address, and
- Contact number (with country and area code)
Thereafter, the Promoter will notify the winners of the details for the collection of prizes via their emails or telephone numbers provided.
- Participants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to enter this Contest (the “Eligibility Criteria”):
- Age: Participants must be over 18 years of age at the time of entry in the Contest. Any person under the age of 18 who wishes to enter the Contest must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian.
- Residence: Participants must be legally resident in Singapore only at the time of entering the Contest.
- Employees: Employees and officers of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents and partners, any employee of any entity which is, involved in any way with the organisation, management, promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including without limitation any persons or entities providing the prize, directors and officers of the Promoter or its affiliates, agents, advisers, advertising and promotional agencies, associated vendors and their respective immediate families are not eligible to enter into or participate in this Contest. Any other persons or companies professionally connected with this Contest are not eligible to enter into or participate in this Contest. It is the Participant’s responsibility to ensure that his/her entry and acceptance of the prize do not contravene any local laws or regulations.
- Email Address: Participants must have a valid email account to enter the Contest
- Facebook, Instagram or Twitter Accounts (“Social Media Account”): Participants to the Contest must have a valid Social Media Account, the settings on which must not prevent the Participant from posting on the Contest Social Media Account pages or prevent the Participant’s posts on the Contest Social Media Account pages being visible to the Participant’s friends and/or followers and/or likers of the Participant’s Social Media Account and/or the Contest Social Media Accounts.
The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time to
- ask any Participant for proof that they satisfy all applicable Eligibility Criteria (including NRIC/Passport, where requested; and
- disqualify a Participant from the Contest if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, the Participant has not proven to the Promoter that they satisfy all Eligibility Criteria for the Contest. This Contest is free to enter.
- Participants must follow the Contest instructions as set out in these Terms in entering the Contest and each entry, including any and all designs, artwork, written submissions, photographs and/or videos submitted as part thereof, shall be referred to hereafter as an “Entry”. Each Participant must personally and manually submit an Entry using an internet browser. The Promoter reserves the right to reject an Entry if the Promoter believes that an Entry has been created and/or submitted using automated entry means or a computer entry service. Only Entries which have been submitted strictly in accordance with the Contest instructions (or as otherwise notified by the Promoter) and these Terms will be valid. The Promoter accepts no liability for any invalid and/or incomplete Entries and/or Entries not received by the Promoter.
- By using any of the relevant Social Media Accounts to enter the Contest, Participants agree that they are also bound such Social Media Account’s terms and conditions and relevant privacy policies. The Promoter accepts no liability for any invalid and/or incomplete Entries and/or Entries not received by the Promoter. Further, each Entry must not:
- infringe the intellectual property or other rights of a third party;
- be incomplete or illegible; or
- be unlawful, defamatory, abusive, insulting, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, offensive, or otherwise contain content which, in our sole discretion, is inappropriate or objectionable.
- All Participants retain the copyright in their Entries. By entering the Contest, each Participant
- confirms that they are the owner of the Entry submitted by them and that their Entry is original to them;
- grants to the Promoter, without the requirement for any further permission or payment, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide licence to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit their Entry in any and all media; and
- warrants that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to the Promoter and that the Promoter’s’ reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of their Entry will not infringe the rights of any third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trade mark, other intellectual property rights and/or privacy rights and/or create claims for defamation and/or breach of contract. The Promoter has no obligation to copy, publish, display or otherwise exploit any Entry.
- This Contest is on a public page accessible by the general public and the Participants shall not post any personal particulars on the Facebook page.
- The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters in relation to this Contest, including but not limiting to the determination of the winners of this Contest, will be final, conclusive and binding. No correspondence or claims will be entertained.
- If any winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 3 days of notification, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. Any winner whose prize has been forfeited or withdrawn shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation notwithstanding non-receipt of notification.
- Any personal data submitted by Participants (including the winners) in accordance with the terms of this Contest will be collected and used solely for the specific purpose of this Contest and in accordance with current Singapore data protection laws and will not be disclosed to a third party or used for other purposes without the Participant’s prior consent. The Promoter reserves the right to publish in all media and to disclose to third parties any personal data submitted by the Participants (including the winners).
- The Promoter is not responsible for any costs associated with the prizes and not specifically included in the prizes.
- The prizes are subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The Promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any Participant by any third party connected with this Contest.
- Award of the prize(s) is conditional upon the winner(s) agreeing to and signing all release forms and/or agreements and/or any additional documentation required by the Promoter. Failure to complete, sign and return any such documentation promptly will result in disqualification of the entry and the Participant, and forfeiture of the prize.
- Prize(s) are not transferable or exchangeable for cash or other benefits-in-kind and are subject to terms and conditions imposed by the participating merchants/vendors. The prize does not include and/or cover any costs, taxes, fees, expenses and/or arrangements not expressly specified in the prize description (“Ancillary Costs”). The winner of the prize is solely responsible for any and all Ancillary Costs and the Promoter is not liable to reimburse a winner for any Ancillary Costs they incur. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to the prize and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter will have no liability to the winner in relation to the prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. The Promoter will have no liability in respect of the prize if it is lost or stolen following delivery.
- Each winner’s redemption of his/her prize shall constitute a purchase of goods or services by the person redeeming the prize from the merchant/vendor supplying the redeemed goods or services, and the Promoter assumes no liability or responsibility for the acts or defaults of the merchant/vendor or for any non-delivery, non-performance or defects in the redeemed goods or services. The Promoter is not an agent of the merchant/vendor. Any dispute about the quality or performance must be resolved directly with the merchant/vendor. The use of the redeemed goods or services is subject to such other terms and the merchant/vendor supplying the goods or services may impose conditions. The Promoter will not be responsible for any injuries, loss or damage suffered as a result of the redemption or usage of the prizes.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering this Contest or the redemption, acceptance and/or usage of the prizes.
- The Promoter will not accept any responsibility for entries that are incomplete, lost, misdirected or are in some way subject to electronic malfunction. Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to this Contest.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant from this Contest for any reason and delete any comments/posts which are deemed by the Promoter to be inappropriate and/or offensive.
- The failure or forbearance of the Promoter to enforce at any time any provision under these Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver or relinquishment of the right of the Promoter thereafter to enforce any such provision.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, postpone or amend this Contest and these Terms without notice. It shall be each Participant’s responsibility to check on these Terms (including any amendments/variation). Continued participation in this Contest is deemed to be acceptance to these Terms (including any amendments/variation). These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.